Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Making Memories

I always get so nervous with type of project, but I think its because I really care about the final results. I was entrusted with all these beautiful linens to make an heirloom for a beautiful family.


I started off by placing the linens in groups of like colors. Trying to decide what would be the best way to arrange these precious and irreplaceable fabrics.




And the first cuts and seams were made. 





Assembling piece by piece. Then having to take a step back...and getting I would say the equivalent of writers block. Then picking it up again to piece more fabrics together.




While working on this project I often thought of my grandmother, and all the quilts she made for my sister and me over the years. I also pulled one of her quilts out, looking for maybe guidance or inspiration. The last quilt my grandmother made was for my oldest daughter Sabrina and I'm so grateful that I still have it in a keepsake box. 







May this quilt bring comfort and warmth to this family the way my grandmother's quilts did for me.

Until next time, xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment