Saturday, February 7, 2015

Reviewing Amanda by Lily Bird Studio

This is the first time sewing up a pattern from Lily Bird Studio and I'm so glad I got a chance to review this pattern for DIY Crush. This is the Amanda pattern but there are a lot more in the pattern shop from Lily Bird Studio.




This dress is all about the little details.




The inverted pleat and the bias trim at the sleeve hem...




The oversized button on the back of the sash all trimed out with bias, the buttons down the back...




And that full circle skirt...All those little details make JubeJube feel like a princess, well that's what she told me. She said she even wants to wear it to her Vanlentine's Day event at school.




I love that the dress is not covered in frills and bows, but it does have wonderful twirl factor. I added a light pettiskirt to add to the fullness. I got a "mom, you're being silly putting my dress over a skirt" but in the end she did not mind it one bit.



Here are some of the pattern details:


  • This pattern was designed for woven fabrics.
  • Sizes range from 12 months to 10 years
  • Easy to follow tutorial with photographs for step by step instructions
  • 1/4" seam allowances included
  • Lined bodice and option to have a fully lined dress



Just so you know, I did get the pattern for free in exchange for a review but all opinions are my own.


I hope you go check out what other patterns Lily Bird Studio has to offer, and while your at it check out the over 500 pattern listings on DIY Crush. Also, don't forget to enter your Vanlentine's Day project to DIY Crush before February 15th, 2015...Some great prizes are up for grabs...Get the details here! You might have noticed that I'm one of the 3 judges (how fun is that!).




Until next time, xx.

3 comments:

  1. It is such a lovely dress! And your sewing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Lily Bird Studio is one of my favorites. I think I have close to a dozen of her patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Where do I start.... the dress or the fabric or the beautiful little model?????? Never seen an inverted pleat before so would love to try that out. Put roses on anything and I'm sold... my youngest even has the middle 'rose'. And the model is gorgeous.... reminds me of my littlest brunette beauty. LOVE all round.

    ReplyDelete