Monday, December 16, 2013

The Caroline Party Dress by Mouse House Creations

My Amelia has just been transformed into a princess thanks to the new pattern from Mouse House Creations, The Caroline Party Dress. The PDF pattern is available as of Monday in their Etsy shop. This is one pattern I was so glad to got to test! I chose the super simple options for Amelia, no pockets, no collar, no belt loops, but I did make it with the tulle underskirt. Once I put the dress on her "the beast" had been tamed and she was twirling around like a ballerina. 



The pattern features a high waist line, knee length dress, fully lined bodice and faux cap sleeves. Options of inseam pockets, peter pan collar, and belt loops are all explained in the tutorial. The tutorial is so simple to follow and there are even tips for a super easy zipper installation. I couldn't believe how fast the dress came together.



For this dress I used a pink taffeta that has a velvet polka dot to it. FYI don't even drop water on taffeta because you will stain your fabric, and don't ask why I know this. I used a polyester lining for the underskirt and bodice and an invisible zipper down the back of the dress.





And there you have the ballerina twirl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment